Tuesday, April 6, 2010

That's What She Said

Let me set the scene for you.  I was babysitting the boys.  Andrew, the elder of the two, was at the breakfast table while Tommy, who is chest deep in his terrible twos, was looking for something to do.  Tommy noticed Andrew's bowl of goodies from a recent plastic Easter egg hunt.  Eyeing a round blue object I told Tommy to ask Andrew for permission to play with his toys.  After permission was granted I chimed in with, "Thank you for letting him play with your balls."

I laughed internally, because all I wished for at that very moment was another adult to share the "That's what she said," moment with.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! Kids have the best "that's what she said" moments that you're not allowed to share. That is the worst part about teaching 6th grade. Jokes weren't meant to be held on the inside :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Emily,

    I love you.

    That's all for now.

    Hi Jackie!

    ReplyDelete